ITP is the minimum requirement of the activities for quality control and inspection of the field construction work. This Inspection and Testing Plan outline the extent of witness inspection and its reporting.
Should conflicts exist between this specification and other documents, the following order of precedence shall govern:
- Scope of Work
- Data Sheets
- This Specification
- Other Company Specification
- Other Referenced Publications
- Approved for Construction Drawings
- Vendor’s Code
INSPECTION AND TEST PLAN REQUIREMENT
1. CONTRACTOR and/or its Vendor/Subcontractors shall prepare and execute all inspection and test. They shall conform to the above mentioned codes, standards, and project specifications.
2. CONTRACTOR and/or its Vendor/Subcontractors shall provide all inspection equipment for inspection activitie s. These activities are to assure themselves that adequate inspection personnel and back up equipment are in place in order to expedite their activities speedily so as not to impact on the construction schedule.
3. CONTRACTOR and/or its Vendor/Subcontractors shall prepare check sheets and inspection reports for carrying out the required quality control checks according to particular discipline work activities. All inspection and test reports forms shall be specific to the activity and items inspected.
4. CONTRACTOR shall also prepare a detailed inspection and test plan indicating inspection levels (spot witness, witness, hold point, etc), based on COMPANY definitions herein. The test inspection plan shall include witness/attendance requirements by COMPANY/MIGAS and/or THIRD PARTY.
5. Vendor or Subcontractor shall submit their inspection and test plan based on the CONTRACTOR’s inspection and test plan document for CONTRACTOR/COMPANY review and approval.
6. CONTRACTOR shall generate, maintain, documented, and collate the inspection records, which is done by them or by its Vendor/Subcontractors. The system employed shall insure full tractability of records including back up in accordance to COMPANY requirements. CONTRACTOR shall submit the originals of all inspection data and other related documents to COMPANY, as required by the contract terms.
7. CONTRACTOR and its Third Party shall establish the inspection and test which are required for obtaining the SKPP (Sertifikat Kelayakan Penggunaan Peralatan) or Certificate of Worthiness to Utilize Equipment and SKPI (Sertifikat Kelayakan Penggunaan Instalasi) or Certificate of Worthiness to Utilize the Installation.
INSPECTION LEVEL DEFINITION
Spot Witness (SW)
Spot witness inspection is a point during construction activities where measurement, witnessing of work or inspection normally takes places. Formal written notification is not required, although oral or informal memo will normally be given. If the discipline inspector does not inspect the work at this point, the work may continue. However inspection data must be recorded, and the CONTRACTOR / Subcontractor is fully responsible to ensure that this is done before continuing the next work step.
Witness Point (W)
A witness point is a point in a construction activity where inspection must take place. ONTRACTOR/COMPANY QC Group shall be formally notified in writing of the inspection 24 hours in advance notice is for most accurate schedule) and will normally attend the inspection. Nevertheless, CONTRACTOR needs to include schedule of inspections in weekly meetings. On a case by case basis, the inspection witnessing may be waived. In this case, inspection may proceed without attendance. However, inspection data must be recorded and submitted for review and approval. All waivers will be given in writing prior to inspection execution (jointly approved by CONTRACTOR and COMPANY).
Hold Point (H)
A Hold Point is a point in a construction activity where formal written notification is given of an inspection (24 hours in advance notice is for most accurate schedule) and work shall not proceed until the inspection is performed. Nevertheless, CONTRACTOR needs to include schedule of inspections in weekly meetings. Mandatory attendance is required.
A document or drawing, which is to be submitted for approval prior to proceed the activity.
Review and Comment ( R )
A document or drawing, which is to be submitted for review/ comments.
A document or drawing, which shall be submitted to COMPANY/CONTRACTOR for report/ comments.
Quality Control and Inspection by CONTRACTOR
For the items marked with “ SW “ and “ W “ under column “CONTRACTOR”, the quality control and inspection will be conducted by CONTRACTOR at their own responsibility. However, COMPANY shall have the right to inspect any works done by CONTRACTOR or Vendor at any time (except for “ W ”, a written notification from CONTRACTOR is required).
Inspection Hold Point
For item marked with “ H “ under column of COMPANY and CONTRACTOR, CONTRACTOR shall notify COMPANY in writing of the inspection scheduled date and time. Witnessing shall be jointly performed by CONTRACTOR and COMPANY. CONTRACTOR can not proceed the next work step activity until the inspection and measurement or test has been witnessed and approved by all attending parties.
Notification of Inspection
CONTRACTOR shall give a written notification to COMPANY for attending the inspection/testing.
For item marked with “ A “ under column “COMPANY”, CONTRACTOR shall submit documents, drawing, etc. to COMPANY. For item marked with “ A “ under column “CONTRACTOR”, Vendor shall submit documents, drawing, etc. to CONTRACTOR for approval. Inspection shall not be conducted before COMPANY approves the required documents.
For item marked with “ R “ under column “COMPANY”, CONTRACTOR will submit documents, drawing, etc. to COMPANY for review / comment. For item marked with “ R “ under column “CONTRACTOR”, Vendor shall submit documents, drawing, etc. to CONTRACTOR for review / comment.
For item marked with “ D “ under column “COMPANY”, CONTRACTOR shall submit documents, drawing, etc. to COMPANY for a report and/ or comments (if required). CONTRACTOR shall accommodate COMPANY’s comments (if any). For item marked with “ D “ under column “CONTRACTOR”, Vendor shall submit documents, drawing, etc. to CONTRACTOR for verification and review and or report.